Regardless of profession or skillset, being able to communicate effectively in public is a crucial professional skill to possess. The ability to express oneself with clarity, engagement and impact is vital.
This course, approved by the training authority of Cyprus, offers top-level practical tuition in the principles of public speaking and teaches effective oral communication.
Participants examine structures of informative, persuasive and narrative speeches which include many realistic exercises in classroom, press conference and TV studio environments.
This training course is over 2 days at Cyprus Media Academy’s audio-visual classroom and in Sigma Television studios. Coaching sessions include an address to friends and colleagues, a television interviews, and formal public speaking appearances. Continuous feedback for participants is provided to develop skills and build confidence.
This is an intensive course which combines interactive communication, language workshop, sharing of experiences, role-playing, case studies, analysis and feedback. Skills taught during the course of the training are immediately put into practice.
Realistic scenarios are created to encourage participants to write speeches, press statements, chair a press conference, and appear on a TV news programme, Each exercise is recorded and reviewed.
- Skills and confidence are developed to communicate effectively with any audience
- Fears of public speaking are transformed into a profound communication advantage
- Presentations are structured and crafted for maximum impact
- Speeches with clarity and power are delivered in front of peers
- Participants learn how to engage and connect with audience members
- Body language, eye contact, and vocal techniques are developed to captivate listeners from start to finish
- Participants learn best practices of pre-speech preparation, including effective rehearsal and how to tailor presentations to a speaking venue’s unique physical environment, technical resources and seating arrangements
- Participants are motivated to deliver a memorable presentation
Beverly Monestier Nikolaus educated at the University of California, Berkeley in the United States, is a specialist trainer in public speaking. She has run similar courses throughout the world and has also had previous experience in working with Russian clients.
Munro Forbes is an experienced broadcasting trainer and production consultant from the United Kingdom. He worked for BBC and ITV for 28 years and now runs training courses for CMA, Thomson Foundation, Aljazeera Media Institute and Birzeit University.
Chrysanthos Tsouroullis, Cyprus’ most well-known journalist, will be our guest TV studio interviewer and will offer advice and guidance to Premiere Media Group participants.
Wednesday 23rd October 2019
10:00-10:30 — Classroom — Welcome & Introductions
10:30-11:00 — Classroom — Course outline
11:00-11:30 — Classroom — Public Speaking exercises
11:30-11:45 — Break
11:45-13:00 — Classroom — Public Speaking exercises
13:00-14:00 — Lunch
14:00-15:00 — Classroom — Preparation & rehearsal for assignment
15:00-17:30 — Studio 2 — Presentation
17:30-18:00 — Classroom — Replay & review recorded sequences
Thursday, 24th October 2019
10:00-10:15 — Classroom — Revision
10:15-11:00 — Classroom — Public Speaking exercises
11:00-11:15 — Break
11:15-12:15 — Classroom — Preparation studio for TV interview
12:15-13:15 — Lunch
13:15-13:30 — Classroom — Preparation studio for TV interview
13:30-15:00 — Studio 1 — TV studio interview
15:00-18:00 — Classroom — Replay & review recorded sequences
This course is available at a special fee. Please contact us for details:
Christina Kallis: +357 99 036464 or +357 22 580649
Course fee includes:
- 2-day training course
- Individual assignments
- Group & individual instruction in CMA’s own studio and audio-visual classroom
- Practical sessions in Sigma Television studios and press conference facilities
- Course materials
- Course feedback notes for each participant
- Individual recordings of all practical exercises
- Lunch & refreshments