- Develop skills for iPhones and Smartphone users for live injects
- Practical, hands-on & energetic course with international BBC trainer
- Additional features of the course include: finding stories ,story construction ,interviewing, writing to pictures,voice overs and captions,video editing,shot framing and shooting action extra equipment recommendation .
Our special fee of €300 excluding VAT includes:
- 2 x 6-hour sessions over 2 days
- Course based in CMA classroom and locations
- Course materials
- Feedback notes for each participant
- Participation certificate
We offer discounts to students and to participants who bring referrals.
Our facilities have been certified as a Vocational Training Structure by the Human Resource Development Authority of Cyprus.
To enrol, please contact Christina Kallis in our administration department.
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: (+357) 99 036464
Simon is highly experienced in his field. His background is broadcast journalism in the BBC and has edited all the main national BBC news programmes.
Currently, he is both an editorial consultant and a trainer of journalists in the skills of Mobile Journalism. Additionally, he teaches journalism courses at three universities: London Metropolitan, St Mary’s and the University of Oregon.
For the BBC and for other international organisations, Simon also teaches Smartphone Newsgathering. Examples of video shot on iPhone and edited on Premiere Pro:
https://simonwaldmanmedia.com/training (top right video: “Broadcast journalism training”)
The areas which need the most help when shooting with a mobile phone are:
A cheap rig – to which you can attach all manner of kit:
A mini tripod-the flexible legs mean you can wrap it round anything:
Depending on whether the journalists are recording themselves, atmos or interviews – some suitable microphones:
Radio microphones– for interviews and possibly to camera sequences:
Lights AND rig: