Introduction to Multi-Camera TV Direction
Introductory course for novice TV directors to provide a basic knowledge of multi-camera TV direction
Trainer: MUNRO FORBES, CMA Director, Sigma TV Special Advisor, Production Consultant and BBC & ITV Director (United Kingdom)
Participants are introduced to TV grammar, camera shots, shot sequences, script notation & camera instructions.
The course comprises 20% classroom theory and 80% practical studio exercises.
Practical multi-camera studio exercises include interviews, news bulletins, demonstrations and magazine
programmes. Course sessions are divided between group exercises and assigned projects.
A review of recordings is followed by a group discussion and course ends with one-to-one recap sessions.
Participants develop the skills required to:
- plan a programme from initial idea to final transmission
- prepare a studio recording
- prepare TV running orders, studio floor plans, camera scripts and camera shot cards
- shoot studio interviews and studio sequences
- direct a TV news bulletin
- direct a studio magazine programme
- plan, script and record a complex studio production
- direct a musical item for TV
Guest speakers include:
Peter Dick, BBC Director and BBC Media Action Trainer (United Kingdom)
Roger Simpson Director from BBC World and ITV (United Kingdom)
Duration: 10 days